Thursday 1 April 2010

My April Fool

gingham man, originally uploaded by Trevira.

In celebration of today's tradition of ruining someone else's morning with a prank* here's an authentic April Fool for you.** 

He certainly looks as if he's up to no good, and the criminal use of one of my favourite fabrics - gingham - only adds to the offence. 

Let this serve as a warning to you.  Be on your guard for strange men in crazy gingham outfits today because its likely they will be planning some very unfunny practical joke to inflict on you.  They have until 12 pm, so you should be able to relax after that time (everyone knows that April Fool 'jokes' committed after midday mean that the joke's on them, although that's no consolation).

* Can you tell that I'm not a fan of practical jokes?

** This is a complete lie.  I've no idea if this man is an April Fool - its an old photograph, possibly dating from the 1910s, which seemed appropriate for the day.  My sincere apologies for any distress or trauma it may have caused you.

4 comments:

Lizzie said...

He may not be an *April* Fool, but he's a fool of some kind!

TinTrunk said...

Just so long as he's a benign fool, and not prone to leaving buckets of water on top of slightly ajar doors or similar mirthless prankery, then he's ok with me!

Newfoundjoye said...

This is delayed, but I must say that he does fit the bill for an April Fool. He might have just been a regular fool though—either way, very appropriate.

TinTrunk said...

And my response is equally delayed, Newfoundjoye!

I'd actually love to know what that costume is all about, but given the lack of any evidence I've gone ahead and dubbed him the April fool, poor chap!